Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if the TRIO Scholars application is currently available?
A. Follow up with the TRIO Scholars Director to know when the application becomes available.
- Joanna Hernandez | Email:email@example.com
2. What is the difference between the TRIO Scholars program and the services provided by Student Support Services?
A. The TRIO Scholars Program is a free program that offers participants with individualized holistic support services; free tutoring, graduate readiness support and a support network to ensure students personal and academic wellbeing. Although there are a limited number of spaces available to be a TRIO Scholar, ALL UCI students are invited to become familiar with the Student Support Service office and it’s resources.
3. How many students are selected for TRIO?
A. Although the number may vary from year to year, there will be at least 140 students forming part of the program.
4. Are there a specific number of workshops we have to go to?
A. A total of three workshops per quarter are required by program participants.
5. What are the eligibility requirements for the TRIO Scholars Program?
A. To receive assistance, students must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a program of post-secondary education at a grantee institution. Low-income students who are the first in their family to attend college and students with disabilities evidencing academic need are eligible to participate.
6. If I am already a TRIO Scholar, do I have to apply each year?
A. No, as a TRIO Scholar you do not need to apply each year.
7. How do I know when my personal guide is available to make an appointment with them?
A. TRIO Scholars can make an appointment with their personal guide via email, phone call, or in person at the Student Support Services office.
8. Where is Student Support Services located and what are the hours?
A. Student Support Services is located in Student Services II, Rm. 2100 and is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.