Our Mission and Commitments
Housed within the Division of Undergraduate Education, Student Success Initiatives (SSI) aim to provide students the personal, academic, and professional support and development to thrive and succeed at UCI and beyond. SSI is a learning community that empowers students to be productive and engaged in their academic careers and personal endeavors.
Student Success Initiatives is committed to:
- Supporting students with their successful college transitions.
- Increasing student awareness of the skills needed to be successful at the university.
- Increasing student academic and social self-confidence.
- Informing students of campus resources.
SSI is dedicated to serving and assisting the following student populations:
- First-Generation Students
- Low-Income Students
- Students with Dependents
- Post-traditional Students/Adult Learners
- Current/Former Foster Youth
- Students who are Undocumented
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- Students with Disabilities
Committing to the development of our student's academic success and professional growth.
Cultivating a socially and emotionally supportive environment of support where shared experiences are honored and celebrated.
Helping students navigate their journey in higher education and overcome the persona, social, academic, and professional obstacles they encounter.
Diversity and Equity
Respecting and valuing our student's unique backgrounds while working to eliminate barriers that impede their access and success.
Developing student's full potential by providing holistic support that promotes lasting and impactful change.
In accordance with the federal Clery Act, UCI and UCI Health’s 2020 Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report are available at:
Paper copies of these reports are available upon request by calling the UCI Police Department at (949) 824-1885 or visiting the UCI Police Department located at 100 Public Services Building.